Triangle Suspension Systems is a leader in undercarriage products for
heavy, medium, and light duty trucks and trailers in the North American market.
With its extensive product offering of over 20,000 springs, suspensions and steering parts of all makes, Triangle sets the industry standard for availability, dependability and technical support for front-end and drive axle parts.
Triangle wanted to consolidate their multiple printed catalogs into one single point of contact with their customers. I helped them reach their goal by developing an online catalog for all their products.
- Provide a quick and easy way to identify the right suspension part for Triangle's customers by searching over tens of thousands of products.
- Provide the capability for customers to register new accounts and assign different levels of permission to their employees.
- Provide a connection with the in-house ordering system when the correct part is found.
Main Features of this project
- Easy parts finder for 20,000 plus individual products
- Content Management System
- Enhanced Drill Down searches
- Schematic exploded drawings with click-to-search capability
- Login system with multiple level of permissions for customers and admins
- Online ordering system
Information is easily searched in this cloud based database.
Images, schematic drawings and dimensional specifications on thousands of part numbers with easy look up product line guides provide Triangle's distributors the ability to quickly identify the right part for their customer's application needs.
Cross references and part number interchanges are continually updated giving each of Triangle's Distributors the most current information for their repairs.
New products, promotions and tech information are added and updated by
Triangle's staff with a simple upload of spreadsheet files.
The information in the spreadsheets is captured by the system and the back-end database is updated automatically.
Several enhanced searches are continually introduced to make it easy to search over a large number of complex products.
Exploded schematic views of assembled parts are used to give an overview of all the parts required by a spring/suspension assembly, giving the customer the possibility to click on the desired part or list all the parts that join together.
Drill-down searches by dimension, part type, diagram and features make it easy to identify parts of which the exact part number is not known.
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5 / CSS3